As parents, I’m sure we can all relate to some (if not all) of the following behaviors. None of them necessarily indicate a need for treatment or therapy…but they sure do drive us parents crazy! This is my list of the 10 most annoying child behaviors:
- Whining. This has to be the number one most annoying child behavior ever known in the history of…well, EVER! I’d rather listen to fingernails down a chalkboard…or even Nickelback!
- Being Messy. There’s nothing more annoying than kids that leave their messes all over the place…okay, whining is more annoying…but messiness is definitely high on the list!
- Dawdling. Kids that “take their time doing things” are making it tough for those of us that want to “get moving!” This is the ultimate in passive-aggressive behavior.
- Complaining. If I hear “That’s not fair!” one more time…them I’m probably going to do something that really isn’t fair!
- Impulsiveness. This is when kids fail to think before they act. These kids snatch things, grab, hit, scratch, and pinch, (and so on) when they are upset or frustrated.
- Tattling. There’s no reason for kids to do this unless there’s a safety issue at hand…and 9 times out of 10 there is not.
- Having a sense of entitlement. For these kids nothing is ever good enough for them. You can offer five different meals for dinner and they will always want a sixth option. Most of the time these kids aren’t very appreciative of the things that they DO get because…well, they expect it.
- Bickering. Without siblings this would not be a problem.
- Sweaty, stinky, dirtiness! Shower already!
- Whining! What’s that? I’ve already mentioned this one? Yeah, well…it deserves to be mentioned again! It’s THAT bad!
So there you have it: My list of the 10 (okay, 9!) most annoying child behaviors imaginable!
Did I miss any?